Saturday, January 3, 2009

just information

First let me say that i am not a Doctor or a medical professional. So what I say here is just coming form a mom who has been dealing with Bipolar for a long time. One thing I have learned is that you have to be able to ask for help. that may start with the Free mental health center in your county.Adam has found a support group for people with bipolar in the town he lives in. That is through the NAMI cooperation http://www.nami.org . that link will take you to there web sight.you should be able to find the one in your town. Also It is important that when you are caring for a bipolar person or any one with a mental illness that when they say i feel like a want to kill my self. that you take them serious and call for help. Don't think they are kidding or not serious. that's not my call or your to make . It should be left up to the doctors.

6 comments:

  1. Kathy,
    I think this is a great blog and will visit often...
    I am a mental health professional I work with this every day. I try to encourgae caregivers to get the support they need and NAMI is a valuable organization. I actively attend their meetings and try to give presentations throughout the year for NAMI.
    Thanks for opening up your heart on this subject so that others may get the help they need.
    ~Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy - glad you have set up this blog. I've been a follower of your hubby. My brother was diagnosed as being bipolar after many years of troubles - long story. My husband's sister is a paranoid schizophrenic. I am empathetic to the challenging journey these diagnoses present. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world!!! Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a wonderful blog started. My mother was a sever depressive but after she passed awayI found out she had borderline personality disorder also. I'm a depressive and they are still trying to level out medication on me but I get counseling at a local place here for free under VOCA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for telling people to take any mention suicidal seriously. It is a cry for help. I am bipolar and was suicidal a year and a half ago. I drove myself to the hosptial because no one was listening to my cry for help. Even my husband didn't get it. I don't really know how I got to the hospital safely. I really wanted to crash my car and die, but by the grace of God I got there in one piece and got the help I needed. I am thankful for the 72-hour hold that kept me there and got me on the right medications.

    ReplyDelete