Tuesday, January 6, 2009

care for the care takers

If there is one thing you can say about people with Bipolar disorder is they are unpredictable. they are never the same two day in a row. there moods swing up and down alot. I have found with Adam that the one thing he depends on is that I am always the same. they need some one who is stable and steady. There are days when I want to run away and hide. But then there are some days when I just take time for my self. Like today. I like to call them Kathy time. I need to regroup. keep my self together. where i am not helping any one or taking someone some where. I don't do any thing for any one . those are important days and if you are a caretaker of someone You need to do that's. if you don't you can get so tired you make bad and wrong discions. Some times you just HAVE TO STOP. To day is one of those days for me.

2 comments:

  1. Kathy
    Its so true.I am not a caregiver to someone with a mental illness but my husband is very dependant on me and there are days when I get a stress headaches when I just glance at him!I had one yesterday so I took off for a run with the dog and came back refreshed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy - this is exactly what my in-laws have to do w/ my husband's sister. Then my husband or one of his brothers will go to the house and spend time w/ her while his parents get out to take a break. Enjoy your "kathy time!" You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete