Wednesday, March 11, 2009

updates on bipolar

One thing that people with Bipolar do is think they are OK when the get there medication right.they think they can stop taking there medication. let me stress that that is not a good thing. It is not like a infection that goes away when you finish the medication. I want to encourage people to understand that you need to keep taking it. Bipolar is a chronic condition it need constant care. It is like if you had a heart condition and had to take heart condition. You keep taking the medication. You need to make sure that you keep taking it and that it is OK. If you are a care giver of a mentally ill person. then you need to help them make sure they take it and take it right.

And keep praying for me I am better but not good yet.

2 comments:

  1. Kathy,

    The official diagnosis in January of 2007 was depression. And it was re-affirmed in December of last year, following anxiety attacks that became so severe, they sent me to the ER (once) and caused me to faint (twice). I have no doubt that the course of action being taken is the right one, as I am very slowly climbing out of this latest bout with it. However, this one was very severe...the worst since I was diagnosed. And if they were to go back and re-diagnose me as bi-polar, I wouldn't be surprised, but at the time, I think doctors didn't see bi-polar tendencies, maybe thinking that teenagers can be so hormonal anyway.

    I think medicine can only do so much. One must also have the support of friends and family, and I have been blessed with that over these last 4 days. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (hugs).. thanks for your post before on my blog. I'm keeping you in my thoughts. If the weather is nice out; try to get out for a walk; it always uplifts me just walking and looking at trees or different structural buildings; birds; etc.

    (((hugs))) You are a terrific lady....wishing you the best and the joy of this spring.

    ReplyDelete